In The Spotlight: Louie Castro


1. Give us a brief bio of yourself, name, age, where you're from, up bringing?

Well the name is Louie Castro and I'm 20 years old. I was born and raised outside of the city in upstate New York, in a little corrupt place called Spring Valley. I didn't exactly have what you would call a normal upbringing. I was taken away from my mother at the age of 3, moved around from foster parent to foster parent, and was finally adopted at the age of seven. My adoptive parent was a single mother, but she had very old school parenting styles. I will say tho, if it wasn't for her I wouldn't be such a man of character and class as I am now. A big thanks goes to my mother. I moved around a lot after that from one state to another, a lot of back and forth from Florida to New York even to PA. It taught me a lot about different lifestyles and people. It helped me shape who I am as well.

2. What is your current occupation?

I am a singer/songwriter/composer. I currently work under a recording contract with Tony Yayo of G-Unit.


3. When did you decide that this career was what you wanted to pursue in life? What and/or who were your influences?

I always had a strong passion for art, especially music. I found myself constantly singing along with the songs played on the radio. Trying to imitate them was like my hobby I guess lol. When I was 7 I did my first talent show in my Elementary School. I really liked Backstreet Boys back then. As I got older tho I started to take singing a little more seriously. So when I moved to Florida I was introduced to a friend of my mother. He was a great oldies singer. He taught me about vibrato and falsetto, tone variation, breathing and air control; all the ins and outs of melody. I learned a lot from him. Then years later I found myself in the right place at the right time and was introduced to Tony Yayo through one of his friends. He liked what he heard and has worked wit me ever since. Now we're months away from dropping my first single.
I'd definitely say though, my major influences in music are artists like Brian Mcknight, Luther Vandross, Michael Jackson, Nat King Cole, Usher and many more.

4.I'm sure you have run into many obstacles while pursuing your dream. How did you overcome them?

I've definitely had nothing but an uphill battle throughout the pursuit of my dreams. Many personal and family issues brought a large amount of stress and distractions. It was so hard to stay focused on a positive future when each step I took looked as if I was being led into a dismal end. But I never gave in because I always reminded myself that it is only such a hard struggle because it is truly worth it. "Whatever doesn't carry a challenge doesn't carry a reward." That has been a motto I have truly learned to live by. I also will owe much of my success to individuals such as Yayo, Devin Piccola and my friends and supporters. Of course I will never leave out my number one fan and companion Monique James. That's Wifey in case you don't get it lol. She's always supported me and kept me on the right track and has done so much for me. I'm am so grateful to have such a special individual in my life.

5. What qualities do you embody that you think are contributing to your success?

I would definitely have to contribute my success to my ability to be highly adaptable and versatile as well as being a highly open-minded and deep individual. I've learned to be patient and willing to compromise. Also my endurance allowed me to never give up and keep on trying. I'm also very poetic and eloquent in speech which definitely contributes to having very lyrical music and good conversation. I'm full of compassion and empathy and can easily place myself in the shoes of others, thereby more readily appealing to various audiences.

6. What is the biggest achievement you've accomplished thus far?

My biggest achievement thus far has been being featured on Thisis50.com under Tony Yayo's "Swine Flu" Mixtape.

7. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? In a perfect world what would u be doing?

I can truly see myself, in the next five years, being a successful artist, satisfying the minds and hearts of my fans all around the world. I will have a place to call my own, a true home. As well as many of the luxuries that come along with being famous, which don't need to be stated. As well as happily Married to a wife named Monique James lol.
You see the only way my world would ever be perfect is with her. Because without her in my life, I wouldn't really have anything.....I mean, wat's having the world if you have no one to share it with.

8. If there were one thing you wanted everyone to know about you what would it be?
I just want the world to know that I'm nothing more than what you see and I will always strive to be real and true to myself and those who support me and love me. So to the world. I will always be Louie Castro, no One else, and I hope the world can accept me for who I am as an individual not just an artist.

1 comment:

ThaTGuYMannY said...

YUUUP! Dude works and is signed to G-Unit. He is the first up on this upcoming series.