In case you didn't know I'm a public relations major and one class that you take on the road to a degree in communications is Information Synthesis and Analysis. This is a class that teaches you to find research and look at it for more then what it actually is. And in this class we are required to do a 10 page paper on any subject that we want. I decided to research why our generation is so consumed in celebrity culture and mass media. And during my studies, Ive come to realize that we are indeed a disturbed group. We are undoubtedly a overly self consumed, materialistic generation. We pay way more attention to the media and mimic the lifestyles of celebrities that there is a good chance we will never meet and we are devoted to keeping up images that we built based on superficial fantasies. I mean yea everybody idolizes somebody but gesh! I think maybe it has gone a bit to far. I could be shooting a gun into a dark room but i feel it was something that needs to be addressed. Take notice yall. Once you think about it you'll notice it more! We spend more money on keeping up with the mainstream trends then we do on bills, books, and food! Can I say that priorities definitely dont come first when we see that new shit at the mall and want it bad because Kanye West had it on, Beyonce rocked it in the video or Pharrel blogged it? I think i can and guess what i just did! Its serious yall! but who am i to say? iM JuS OC!
Hit up for a copy of my term paper! LMAO! A+ quality!
and while you ponder my thoughts....here's a flash back joint! Shout out to Stacy Dash...what is she doin now anyways....that blog up next!
No comments:
Post a Comment